Monday, April 20, 2009

TREASURE HUNTING IN EASTLAND, TEXAS

Recently, I have been making stops in Eastland, TX when traveling to and from the DFW area. What, besides Sonic, Dairy Queen, and Starbucks, lures me to take the exit off I-20 you ask? It is the wonderful Goodwill Resale Store that is located near the end of the exit. Just look at their "Treasure Hunt" sign--what could be more magnetic to a person addicted to thrift shops/garage sales/estate sales? It truly is an addiction!
This happy shop is run by some very friendly and helpful ladies who always meet your entrance with a "smile and hello". This past Saturday I found wonderful vintage skinny silk ties for 99¢ each and a wonderful enamel flower brooch for a mere $1.49. Unfortunately, I failed to get pictures of the ties before I sent them to Lubbock for my son AND I also forgot to get my brooch from the bag of ties so Andrew now has it!
I usually take a quick "potty" break and just had to include a picture of the WORLD'S SMALLEST HOT WATER HEATER, that is located in their restroom--which is kept very clean, by the way!
Be sure to include a stop in Eastland, TX, the next time you are near!





1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Love the hotwater heater pic!

I am in Plainview...just a small hop, skip and a jump from Lubbock! I will run over and get your brooch for ya! *grins*